How we protect your information
Thank you for following our link to find out more about what Talent Within You is doing to look after your personal information.
Talent Within You is an community organisation based in Worthing, Sussex and our vision is to make street crime history.
We know that when you pass your personal details to us, you are trusting us to keep them safe, and we will do everything within our power to do this. We promise to do everything within our power to protect your data to protect it from internet hackers, fraudsters and such like. We operate in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
To offer our members incredible service we do share your information with carefully selected service providers including our UK-based dedicated server, our accounts and book-keeping package, our e-marketing platform. We are very careful who we accept as partners. To become an official partner of Talent Within You, our partners must prove that they have the best interests of you in mind, and that they are honest and ethical. Only if they pass our checks will we share your information once you have given Talent Within You permission in the first place. We believe in transparency and you can also ask us to stop sharing your information at any time.
Please note that we have no control over other website policies and terms. It is important that you check other such website policies before continuing to access the site.
Where is your data stored?
If you subscribe to our mailing list, but then opt out of being contacted by the various methods listed, we will not be able to email you life hacks and therefore membership is pointless. Our membership is free because emailing is free and we are a non-profit community group. Rest assured, your email address and contact details will be safely stored and used only by Talent Within You for membership emails containing life hacks, interesting news and information about our talent workshops etc. If you do subscribe, but then opt out of contact methods as above, we will send you one manual email to alert you to the above and one more reminder at 6 days. We will then delete you from our mailing list after 7 days if we don’t receive an email response from you during that time. Remember when you do opt-in to receive life-hacks, you can subscribe any time.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our utmost to protect your data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- If we are working with a trusted partner to improve our website or software, they may ask for our passwords which will give them access to our accounts which may include your information.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
We will collect personal information about you, including your personal details and your marketing preferences. We do this by capturing the information you give us, by analysis of traffic on the website, mobile marketing technology (SMS opt in), cookies, and by capturing information on our email marketing opt-in forms.
The Talent Within You team and its carefully selected partners will have access to some of your information, so that we can provide you with excellent customer service, and see sales stats, which are shown at an aggregate level. If you have opted in to receive communications, We will be able to access your data for this purpose, and you can unsubscribe at any time.
Cookies are pieces of tracking information that are stored on your computer’s hard drive by your web browser. When you first visit our website you will be given the opportunity to allow or disallow cookies; cookies are a great mechanism to allow you to get the very best interactivity from our website. On revisiting our website we may recognise the cookie, giving us information about your last visit. Most browsers accept cookies automatically, but usually you can alter the settings of your browser to prevent automatic acceptance. You are able to block or restrict the cookies set by The Brand Surgery® Ltd from within your browser settings, however doing so may affect the site functionality although you may still use most of the features of the website.
Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our website.
- Cookies help us to estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- Cookies help us to recognise you when you return to our site.
- Cookies help us to store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- Cookies help us to speed up your website searches.
We may collect information about your IP address, your computer, your general internet usage, your operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report information to our advertisers for statistical data and patterns.
We use cookie and other information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that we feel may interest you and where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- We would only pass your information to third parties if we are working to improve our service and we need
We have already mentioned that we use analytics tools to understand how people use our website.
When visitors use our website, we use Google Analytics to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns.
Google allows us to understand things like the number of visitors we are getting and which parts of the site they are visiting. If you would like to know more about these demographic and interest reports from Google you can discover more about them here: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2700409?hl=en }
This analytical information is processed in a way which does not identify anyone and we promise we will never share your identity with any third parties, including Google.
From time to time and only where appropriate we may provide anonymous aggregate statistical information about our services, competitions, clients, traffic patterns and other site information to third parties, but again I would stress that these statistics will not include any information that could identify you personally.
On our website search terms are captured anonymously for analysis purposes.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on www.talentwithinyou.org.uk
- Details of your visits to www.talentwithinyou.org.uk including, but not limited to, weblogs, operating system, browser usage, traffic data, location data and other data
- This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service or requesting further services.
- If you complete our surveys.
- We will keep a record of correspondence if you contact Talent Within You.
We use information collected about you to help us (a) develop the design and layout of the website to ensure that it is as useful and enjoyable as possible and (b) provide the products and services which interest you. Sometimes this information may also be used by us and our associated companies to inform you about changes to the website, new services and products or offers that you might find interesting. If you do not wish to receive this information, you can simply use the ‘Unsubscribe’ function at any time.
Right to know and amend information
At any time you have a right to ask us what information we hold about you. You can also, if you wish, obtain a copy of this information, all you have to do is ask. We will just need to check your identity.
We have a plan in place to ensure that the information we hold on you is regularly reviewed and kept accurate and up-to-date. If it becomes apparent that the information we hold on you is inaccurate or factually wrong, we will correct it as swiftly as possible. You have a right to ask us to stop processing your details at any time as long it does not affect any contract agreement in place. This falls as part of your”generally applicable rights”
Sharing of your information
General Emails. You will receive emails from us advising you of deals and offers which we believe will be of value to you.
If you would like more information on what information we share, then please do not hesitate to get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org.
Of course, there are certain situations when we have no choice but to pass on your information, for example if asked by the police investigating a crime, but we will only do so when legally obliged to do so. There are other occasions when we may share your personal information, such as, for example, to printers or couriers who need to deliver your brochures or other printing we have design.
If you are not a client but wanted to hear more about our services, then this bit is for you.Your data, is stored securely on servers within the the UK and EU. We will use this data to fulfil your request to receive information from us. Our lawful basis for this process is “generally rights”.
Your data will be deleted two years after you opened the last email from us. You can unsubscribe from our e mails at any time, using the unsubscribe option present on every e mail.
When you entrust your personal information to us we take as much care of it as if it were our own. Talent Within You ensures that the personal details you entrust to us are protected from loss, misuse and abuse. We constantly monitor our infrastructure for vulnerabilities and ensure that all IT systems, patches and anti-virus software are up-to-date.
Your information is stored on secure servers based within the UK and EU and we have some pretty impressive physical and electronic security to keep it safe and sound. We also take regular encrypted backups in case of a problem.
The safety of your data is very important to us and we train our key staff in Data Protection to ensure that they both understand, and comply, with their obligations under the Act. We carefully control who has access to your information, and ensure that it is only used in the way you would expect.
How do we keep your information secure?
We take all reasonable precautions to keep your personal information secure and require any third parties that handle or process your personal information for us to do the same. Access to your personal information is restricted to prevent unauthorised access, modification or misuse and is only permitted among our employees and agents on a need-to-know basis.
Data retention and deletion
Your data, as part of our contract with The Brand Surgery®, is stored securely on servers within the EU. We will use this data to ensure you receive great customer service, and to analyse sales trends. Our lawful basis for this process is “contract”.
Please get in touch
If you have any comments, suggestions or feedback, be that positive or constructive regarding how we are using your personal data, if you believe the information we hold on you is out-of-date or you would like to unsubscribe from our mailing list, please contact us by emailing email@example.com or by calling 01903 898977.
If you have any complaints about the way we use your personal information e please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01902 898977 and we will try to resolve the issue. If we cannot resolve your complaint, you have the right to complain to the data protection authority in your country (the Information Commissioner in the UK).
Access to information
You have the right to access information about you that we hold. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Access requests are subject to a fee of £25 to meet our costs in providing you with details.
The Brand Surgery® Ltd is based in Worthing, Sussex, England.
Use the form below to book our Unleash Your Niche workshop.
The workshops costs £3.50 and if you book all seven, you get one workshop free.
We will send you payment details once you have registered.
You will automatically receive free membership to Talent Within You.
You will receive regular life hacks and opportunities to discover and nurture your passion, help you be happy every day and overcome negative, judgemental people and situations in and out of school.
Talent Within You: No Boundaries – Please read this before signing up. It explains everything you need to know.
You are signing up to join free membership with Talent Within You. We will email you with life hacks which enable you to grow your talent and develop your niche. We will also signpost you exciting opportunities but never pass your your information to third parties. You can leave at any time by unsubscribing.
If you live in Worthing, you can become a member of our Unleash Your Niche Club, please state this on the form.
Unleash Your Niche workshops have room for 50 children aged 14-16. Anyone living in Worthing and surrounding areas can apply. Applications will be assessed on two factors: child's intended commitment to all workshops, and commitment to become peer mentors and enable other children once they have successfully achieved their award.
- Unleash your Niche workshops begin in January cost £25 for 7 workshops. Thats approximately £3.50 per workshop. Meet other young people with the same mindset as you. Learn from with inspirational speakers and you will be given our very own journals to personalise and keep to help develop you. There are opportunities for internships, placements and voluntary work to develop your strengths.
McLaren Automotive has offered two beneficiaries from Talent Within You an internship for one year at McLaren in Woking.
Glendale Theatre and Arts has offered one scholarship for one of our young people who has completed our course.
We are continually seeking further placement opportunities and will be reporting these back.
Members must have completed all workshops and their workbooks in order to qualify for an interview.
Join Talent Within You today – it's FREE!
- We will be holding monthly Saturday workshops from October 2018 lasting 1.5 hours to help find and nurture talent within children aged 10-16.
- We have room for 50 children on a first come first served basis.
- To take part in our workshops, children will need to become buddy members. Buddies will work though our coaching workbooks.
- After nine months and successful completion of their workbook, Buddies will become Golden Buddies and will be ready to seize opportunities we find to nurture their talent.
- Membership fee is £25pa which covers the cost of the workshops and workbooks. This is payable shortly because it shows commitment and helps us to establish numbers to run workshops. agree to become Peer Buddies and inspire new members to discover and nurture their talent.
- Commitment will be required from members and their families in order to compete the workbook and be awarded a certificate to go onto the next stage.
- Children that take part and complete will be required to become peer mentors for the next intake of children we help.
- You will need to commit to attending all nine workshops from October 2018 to June 2019.
- Workshops will most likely be the second Saturday in each month, but this is to be confirmed.
- Members must promise to at all times, respect others, respect our club and respect themselves.